Improvements to the TRICARE Dental Program
Beginning on May 1, 2017, United Concordia Companies, Inc. will manage the TRICARE Dental Program (TDP). Beneficiaries don’t need to take any actions to continue their coverage.
The TDP is a voluntary dental benefit for eligible active duty family members, National Guard and Reserve members.
Several improvements to the TDP include:
• The annual maximum TDP will increase from $1,300 to $1,500
• The TDP will consider sealants a free and preventive treatment, and no longer include a 20 percent cost share
• The auto-enrollment age for family members will be lowered from age four to one
• For most beneficiaries, the monthly premium rate will decrease
• The active duty dental program and TRICARE Retiree Dental program will not change.
The TDP will continue to provide access to a network of civilian dentists around the world. However, some dentists currently in the TDP network may choose to leave, while new ones will join. Those currently enrolled may need to find a new dental provider. To find participating dentists click here. You may nominate dentists to participate by clicking on “Nominate Your Dentist” and completing a simple form located on the page linked above. For more information regarding the TDP, please visit the TRICARE or United Concordia websites