House Passes Veterans Bills
The House recently approved several legislative proposals pertaining to veterans.
The proposed bills include:
• The “Global War on Terrorism Memorial Act” (H.R.873) that authorizes the Global War on Terror Memorial Foundation to establish memorial on GWOT,
• The “Military Residency Choice Act” (H.R.282) that allow a military spouse to elect to use same residency as service member for purposes of taxation and voting,
• the “Veterans’ Access to Child Care Act” (H.R.95), which would make a pilot program for child care at VA facilities a permanent program for veterans receiving care on a regular basis,
• The “VA Procurement Efficiency and Transparency Act” (H.R.2006) that increases transparency in VA procurement and
• The “VA Bonus Transparency Act” (H.R.1690) which requires VA to submit annual report on paying bonuses.
The bills have moved to the Senate for further consideration.